A perfect combination of martial arts, action, adventure and cute turtles, these characters are the perfect basis for a boy’s birthday party. Most little boys I know love at least one, if not all of the characteristics of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Incorporating all of those traits into a birthday party is sure to turn into some sure fire fun.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are best known for their martial arts, their love of pizza, sewers and for screaming Cowabunga!!!!!. This translates into a super easy birthday party to put together.
With Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles party supplies readily available, you may opt to take the simpler or less expensive route. Using basic colors and supplies can achieve that goal. I suggest using a combination or green and blue or green and brown.
To make this party scream Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, we need some signature decor. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Manhole Covers Wall Decor – Cut out large circles out of posterboard or cardboard. Try to make them at least 24 inches in diameter. Use either silver or grey colored posterboard or paint pewter grey. Now cut circles 1 inch smaller than the original circles. Use black posterboard or paint these circles black. Paste the black circle on top of the grey circle. Cut out strips the length of the diameter of the circles by about 1 inch in width. Over lap the strips one by one making a plaid design. Paste the completed plaid design over the circles. Trim where necessary. Your manhole cover is now complete and can be hung on your wall or on the floor.
2. Ninja Stars – What’s a ninja without ninja stars? Using a six point star cut out the shape on silver/grey posterboard.
3. Graffiti Brick Wall – Using faux brick wall paper and spray paint this is easy to replicate and perfectly legal. For authenticity, use several colors of spray paint. Add the birthday boy’s name and party guests to the faux brick wall paper. http://www.graffiticreator.net/ has several styles of font that you may try to replicate if you are shooting for a very authentic look. Once dry hang on a wall.
4. Hang up posters or enlarge clipart and hang on wall.
5. The turtles LOVE pizza so add empty pizza boxes all over.
Since this is a ninja based birthday party, chances are there will be some martial arts replicating going on. The best way to keep someone with an accidental black eye is to keep the ninja’s in training occupied. These party games should help.
Pin the Mask on the Turtle – the same concept as pin the tail on the donkey.
Find the Manhole Cover – the TMNT are always looking for a route back to the sewer. Make several small manhole covers and hide around the party area. The one who finds the most escape routes (manhole covers) is the winner.
Ninja Star Practice – Don’t panic these are not real ninja stars. Using paper ninja stars (see decorations above) designate a specific area as the target. Whoever comes closest to the target area is the winner.
Find The Pizza – using the same empty pizza boxes, hide a fake pizza (clipart cutout) to one of the boxes. Have the party gamers search for the pizza. Whoever finds it first is the winner.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Training Camp – (recommended for older children). If you have the room indoors or the weather permits, have the party goers compete or participate in a training course. Events can include jumping, running, kicking and flipping. To make it a competition just rate who did each category the fastest or highest. This should be a supervised party game. To make it extra special, have the children wear green and place eyes masks (in the TMNT colors) on them. You will have your own swarm of ninja turtles.
Pizza – duh!
Lime Green Jello – (Ooze)
Lime Green colored Kool-Aid or juice.
Cynthia Marcano is the webmaster for [http://www.boysbirthdaypartyplanner.com]. Find party theme ideas, decorating tips and menu ideas for Spiderman, Go Diego Go, Sports themed and other boy’s birthday party favorites.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Cynthia_Marcano/28206